- What’s the easiest way to start a garden?
- How do I correct soil problems?
- Tips for starting your first garden
- Download the free composting e-book
Wouldn’t it be great to have fresh, organic vegetables all summer long?
Organic gardening with raised beds will produce healthy, chemical and pesticide free fruits and vegetables all summer long for only 20 minutes of tending a day.
I came to organic raised beds through necessity. I have moved many times, and many times I have dug a new garden by hand.
Where I live now is high on a rock rim of pine trees. Can’t dig. Just can’t be done. I even tried sifting the soil from the rock. Not worth the monumental effort.
So I tried a raised bed.
Enter angelic music. What a miracle. It works so well, I’ll never garden the “traditional” way again.
- Wouldn’t it be great to feed your family more healthy foods without it costing a whole lot more?
- Imagine making rich, organic compost from kitchen waste
- Would you like to start a garden on your porch or balcony?
- What if you could garden in just 20 minutes a day?
- What if you could plant a garden that was weed free?
- What if nature worked for you and your garden instead of you fighting it?
Organic Raised Bed Gardening is all about organic gardening the easy way. Just click the navigation at the left to get started and don’t forget to download the free composting book.
What can I expect from my organic garden?
- Delicious, nutritious vegetables, herbs, and flowers free from harmful chemicals
- Almost no weeds
- No need for irrigation and very little watering
- Creation of healthy soil, an important world resource
- Reduction in the use of fossil fuels used to transport food
- Reduction in water use, as compared to tilled earth farming
- More cash in your pocket
- The possibility of a bumper crop you can share with friends and neighbors
- More balance in your everyday life and lives of those you love
As you browse this site, you will see that organic gardening is a philosophy and a practice. The philosophy is: Earth is an interconnected system, of which we are a part. When the system is not in balance, disease is created. Living in harmony and keeping good health is the goal. A healthy Earth is a prosperous Earth.
On this site, I strive to give you small steps you can take to create health in your small corner of the globe.
|Raised Bed Garden
A raised bed garden can be created out of scrap materials you have laying around – lumber, cinder block, metal roofing, straw bales.
|Starting A Vegetable Garden
Tips for starting a vegetable garden, the easy way.
Have a small space, but still want an organic garden? A container garden could be your answer.
|Organic Vegetable Gardening
Organic vegetable gardening : mmm, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, oregano, bell peppers. Let me show you how.
|How to Grow Potatoes
How to grow potatoes easily in a bin or cage.
|Build a Compost Pile and Recycle Your Waste
The ways to build a compost pile are numerous, and can be confusing. Get the basics down here and you’ll be on your way to great compost for your organic garden.
Worm composting takes the work out of the compost pile. Red wiggler worms digest your kitchen and yard waste, producing lovely nutrient rich compost.
|Benefits of Worm Tea
Worm tea is your garden’s multivitamin and immune system booster. It will not burn plants and provides the necessary microculture to fight insects and disease.
|gardening with worms
Why and how worm composting makes gardening so easy.
|A Cold Frame Extends Your Season
Extend your season with a cold frame. Easy to build and install.
Find out about me, Cassandra Truax, and how I came to organic gardening.
|Fall Gardening Thoughts
Fall gardening thoughts: to do and ideas about frost